Sunday, June 24, 2007

bad weekend

Time: 21:23

Headed to what's starting to look like the worst semester ever (made Year 1 Semester 2 a breeze) and then hit by THE worst weekend I had as far as I remember.

Started innocently enough...went to the gym after classes on Wednesday and when I came home, felt extra lethargic, which I didn't think much of. Got hit by fever and really, really achy legs and slept early to shake off whatever I had.

Thursday morning no classes and I took some fever pills so it felt like its gone. Then the fever returned that night and didn't go away. I had an assignment to pass up on Friday and a two-hour lecture and I don't know what compelled me to do so but I shivered, tossed and turned and not listen to a single word for two hours before handing in the assignment and ran home. Hid under the covers til I went to see the doc in the afternoon. He said I should do a blood test in the morning if the fever persisted.

After another less horrible night, the fever broke Saturday morning and I felt fine until that evening. I went to the doctor again and he gave me a referral letter to an A&E Dept for blood tests. He said I should not wait. It made me nervous. The worst medical emergency I ever had was when I scraped my knees really badly. That was 13 years ago and I didn't even need stitches.

But I've never felt that weak and desperate and my hands and feet were numb and I can't move without pausing and feeling like I will faint and every time I turn my head I can feel my brain was not registering the sights as fast as my eyes are, and my legs gave out on me a few times...so I told my mom I can't take it anymore. She took me to Sentosa Medical Centre where I spent another few hours on a cot covered with my jacket and blanket awaiting my blood test results and the good people even inserted an IV needle already, waiting in case they're admitting me.

Negative for dengue.

They sent me home. I still feel a little under the weather but a hella lot better than 24 hours ago.

What a fun weekend, huh.

No comments: