Saturday, April 21, 2007

Remembrance

Time: 12:39


Allow me to indulge in a moment of extreme narcissism.

Okay. If I die tomorrow...
How will I be remembered?

A good daughter, sister, friend and person?
Intellectual?
Funny?
Witty?
Kind?
Loving?
Bright?
Loved?

"Her smile lightens the whole room", bla bla bla?

Had I made a difference in someone's life? Shaped who they are? An important aspect of their perspectives? What impression had I left those whose lifepaths had crossed mine?

Or will people only remember the ugly side of me?

Isn't it a little too late to pile accolades on people...posthumously?

Do we receive enough hugs, love, words of encouragement and affirmation of who we are while we're still alive?

Sometimes, I wonder.

After V Tech, and after an accident I saw on the road with a man in a pool of blood, I told myself, I will not go like that. But you never know. We're not invincible.

Life is as such.

I hope I will be remembered well.

No comments: