Saturday, March 17, 2007

Fa la la la la

28 Dec 2003
At the moment
Song: Vitamin C
Mood: Bleh
What I had last: Dinner
My brain is saying: This is it? 2003?
Time: 01:07
Wishlist: Olympus M[mju:]400 Digital Camera or Kodak Easy Share. I really really really need this camera..my current one worked like Stone Age and if anyone have RM1k+ to spare...


Argh! I wrote a super-long blog and by clicking on the wrong thing (Back) I lost the whole blog. !@#$%^#@!!!!!!!!!!! Bah! This sucked ass. Sucks. Damn. Fool of a Took, me.

Here I go again:

It's already 28th of December 2003 and 3 days shy of being 2004. Been one hellaluva of a year, '03, it is. Firstly, apologies for the week-long hiatus. 'fraid I took the saying "if you got nothing to do, don't do it here" to heart. But looking at Delwyn's blog with his list of the year and resolutions for next year, I got a little ashamed and thinking this might be the last few times I'll be blogging in the time space of 2003. I pwomise from the bwottom of my heart I'll come up wif my own list-listy tomworrow or very very swoon.

Anyway, to Lean Chiew: Sucks to get dengue fever and spending Yuletide season in hospital, ey? Nevermind. At least you got tacky jokes about insect repellent and endless visitors and by the time you read this, you'll be sufficiently recovered anyway. Don't raze me for blogging about this before you do!

How did I spend me X'mas, eh? Okay, I was so prepared to spend a lazy day at home watching tv and eating mom's simple dinner when the phone rang at 6pm. It was Miu Kee. He informed me that the BRATs BBQ in PJ is in fact still on and that I can go there and then and still make it. So I showered, dressed and dashed out as fast as a lightning. I informed Miu Kee that it's not possible and ate mom's dinner and veged in front of the tv. Don't ask me why. Okay. I was plain lazy. On Boxing Day, one of my mom's client from Amcorp Mall bought her sister and friend for a tarot card reading session. It's boring - the house must be spick and span, the living room cleared of all clutter and tea to be served, I have to play social with strangers I don't feel like smiling or talking to, and I dash off up stairs at first chance. Of course, it's not fun having mom hail "Pui Yee! Get down and do this and that!" either. There was a potluck in the evening at Sing Yieng's. It ended just after midnight. We're such good kids - no rave, little alcohol, no drugs or cigs, no nothing. The potluck to me is a farewell of sorts...it's like the calm before the storm. Of next year. I don't know what to expect. Talks of courses and colleges and realising there's no coming back...it's just so sad. Like standing on a taunt rope walking on and looking behind and the rope sways and threatens to give way. And then we all fall into an abyss. When they switched on Vitamin C's Graduation, tears begun falling. Sigh. Also, because I played the part of an observer rather than a participant of the party (so I was feeling a little under the weather...) I was able to see how we all developed and grow and became so different. A little taller, more mature, less carefree. Oh view the photos of the party at Amelia's blog. She posted them up last night.

And then there's this xfresh forum incident. Ms. Adoi^ make a lot of general sweeping statements. She also claim her school is oh-so-westernized *clap clap clap* and cheerleaders are sluts and 1 Utama boosts "funny" looking kids and in her school district division all the other schools are "Jinjiang" (can't even spell Jinjang properly, that little bitch). Ms. Adoi is also a little show off. She speaks of Reebok, Nike and Adidas a lot and say her school team only wear branded gears and laughed at others who just wear local brands. Ms. Adoi is, in short, nerve-hitting, spittling alliance-paying (instead of allegiance - sp?) obnoxious, show-off, bitchy, loud mouth, smart aleck, ignorant, foolish little cow. Musing all the sarcasm in me, I flamed and grilled her and still it didn't satisfy. Amelia is the one insisting I see her thread and...well. To be so sarcastic towards someone who needed taken a peg or two down is strangely empowering. Few doses of home truth quietens her down a little, it seems. Argh! How did 14-yr-olds nowadays get so horrendous?! Yah a lot of people told her off too, so it wasn't just me. I get paranoid sometimes.

^Names has been changed to protect the persons' identities

Other than that, as a farewell to my schools SRK (P) Dato Abu Bakar II, SK Selayang Utama and most importantly SMK Kepong and school mates:

Amelia, Shwu Chenn, Sing Yieng, Albert Andrew, Andrew, Sujen, Edmund, Wan Feng, Ai Ling, Lee Fu, Wen Soon, Deborah, Bee Lian, Peter, May Wai, Lingwei, Fu Xiang, Kah Hsiung, Siew Wei, Yuan Li, Tze Hao, Mahen, Jayshri, Zhariff, Mun Yeen, Ming Hui, Yeen Ching, Sharizan, Michelle Nayagam, Siti Hajar, Ummi Fakhira, Wei Jie, Jin Wah, Jia Jun, Minuraa, Joshua, Boon yong, Eng Seong,
Form 5 prefect board 2003, and all, all my schoolmates from SMK Kepong and elsewhere--

I dedicate this song to you.


Graduation - Vitamin C

-And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cos we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cos you don't have another day
Cos we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love but it came too soon
And there was me and you and then we got real cool
Stay at home talking on the telephone with me
We'd get so excited and we'd get so scared
Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

As we go on we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever...

So if we get the big jobs and we make the big money
When we look back now will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learnt in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little Brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can we ever find a job that won't interfere with a tan?
I keep, keep thinking that it's not good bye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels

As we go on we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever...

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us around?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town?
I keep, keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

As we go on we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever...


Thank you for all the ups and down and I had 5 great years with all of you and this is our final bow before the curtain falls...for the next batch and the next chapters of all our lives. Carpe Diem - seize the day!

Comments:
Delwyn Lee made this comment,
Few more days left b4 2004... Nyways, here's wishing u a Happy New Year
Hehe. Leave ye with a quote

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends,
And say my glory was I had such friends."
- William Yeats


-Del

A visitor made this comment,
happy new year bebeh!
i've had a year to get over leaving secondary school, and every so often i still feel a little pang...not for school itself, but for the people. i haven't seen my best friends in AGES. so sad :(...

hanna

A visitor made this comment,
i cant believe we had gone through our five years in smk kepong.haha the five years had been really fun, sad(when we got bad result)and happy too.am really glad to knoe you.happy new year!!
sing yieng [l_hito33@yahoo.com]

A visitor made this comment,
He he he he. Not to sound like a grandfather, but yeah school days were fun. And the people and the stupid stuff we used to do. Ahhh.. nostalgia.
Some say that the people (friends lah) you will remember the most and remain closest to will always be your sec school mates.

Can agree that it has been true in some ways. But i can also say that I've also met alot of awesome people after that lah, that is in college and uni.. :p

happy new year

roy

A visitor made this comment,
hahah true i'm back and dun worry i wont raze u. thanks for the call by the way.
getting nostalgic eh. don worry. blink an eye and ur married. and blink another u have cute babies. mwahaha. dun laugh its life.

cheers

jackson yeoh

Michelle made this comment,
yo woman, cannot belif 2003 is nearly gone, huh?
And i honestly feel like i've known you since, we were 5.
Anyways, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year..
"IT'S OKAY IF YOU DON'T GET MANY 'ANG PAUS', JUST MAKE SURE THE FEW ONES THAT YOU RECEIVE ARE THICK."- my Chinese New Year resolution.

Jun Hoe made this comment,
Yeap, 2003 is gonna end soon. Thanks for giving me the idea for my next blog. But yeah, I guess I know how you feel. Been through that myself. Letting go isn't easy, and it will never be. But as time passes, change is inevitable and you have to accept it. Not exactly uplifting words, but take heart going through some old stuff and photos once a while and smile back. Relive those memories, and look at unforgetable incidents once more through the eyes of a child.

Amelia made this comment,
darn you stole my song and my line!! I was gonna put it in MY blog! Ahahahaha..YES those days were fun! Now i'm sorry that I took those times for granted! oh how i wish to smell the dewy scent of the classroom in the mornings. Funny how time flies so quickly. It's like zap and it's all over. anyways i'm really glad i met you and thanks for always being there when i need you. :D we'll be IN contact. I promise!

No comments: