Saturday, March 17, 2007

Gong Xi Gong Xi

25 Jan 2004
At the moment
Song: Lilian Too's melodic speeches
Mood: Restive
What I had last: Cordial drink
My brain is saying: Ui, who are you??
Time: 01:30
Wishlist: Olympus M[mju:]400 Digital Camera or Kodak Easy Share. I really really really need this camera..my current one worked like Stone Age and if anyone have RM1k+ to spare...


So, it's 1.30 am on the morning of Chor 4. What did I do in the past few days? Ah.

On Lin 30 man (30th night) we had reunion dinner at maternal grandma's.

Chor 1 was spent at home, had veg meal in the morning and steamboat for dinner.

Since Chor 2 is a traditional 'hui niang jia', my bro and I made these konnyaku jelly in the morning to bring to my grandma's house in the evening. Today is the highlight, with the entire family there and hilarious dinner and all. And my 2 cousins, aged 12 and 10, is the rascals. You won't believe them, unless you see them yourselves. During dinner, they went 'Popo, eat, gong gong, eat, mummy, eat, daddy, eat' and then turned to my uncle and went 'ui, who are you!??'. Then they proceed to stand in the middle of the living room after dinner and start saying 'Every year we have afflictions!. If we know fungshui, *snap fingers* we know how to have good luck!' Lilian Too to the tee. Then, they went and get football jerseys and went 'hou yeh, hou yeh' and said that black pens should be hidden, why aren't we wearing red, bla bla bla. I tell you, these two are a classic case of too much TV.

I can't express it funnily now. I regret. I wanted to blog about all these yesterday. But blog-city kept on time-outing me. @#$%!!!!

The thing about chinese new year is, the songs are irritating. I already spent half the month in the supermarket listening to "choi san tou! choi san tou! hou chao fai leong pao!" and "yau yat gor lin chun faAaa" and even made up my own lyrics "weng pat chiu san" to one of the songs...and then I hear them being replayed over and over and over again by my neighbour. And ang pao collection this year...well...angpao-economy is having downtime, is all. There's not much festive atmosphere. At least for me la.

Oh, oh. Did I tell you about fireworks? Pyrotech is something I respect, haha. My uncle spent RM300+ (did I exaggerate?) on fireworks, and this box of real spectacular fireworks cost him RM130. But it was...BEAUTIFUL. Purple, green, sparkles, glitter, gold, ....the neighbourhood watched, man! My lil cousin was like jumping up and down and saying "yes! yes!" and clapping.

And food. Time and excuse to get fat. REAL fat. Junk food, cookies, nuts, mandarin oranges, soft drinks...

But heck, it's only once a year, right?

And I'll turn 18 in 4 months' time. Ohmigod.

Comments:
Jun Hoe made this comment,
Haha, excuses! CNY is only once a year, so it's ok to indulge in all those food. Tsk, tsk. Hehe, me too. I've been a sloppy lump of organic mass absorbing countless chunks of food; junk food and snacks laden with calories. Feel so lazy and immobile now that I'm having a hard time convincing myself that I'll be working tomorrow, and need to get my lazy butt off to wait tables come tomorrow.
I don't think CNY songs are irritating. They're just normal. But yeah, I'll agree, not very festive-ish this year, or the past few years. Or maybe it's just as having grown up.

Hey, it's still Jan, so don't worry bout 4 months later, kay?

LPShean made this comment,
"Every year we have afflictions.
The secret of Feng Shui ( snaps finger ) is you must know WHERE the affliction is? WHERE IS THE AFFLICTION???!!
Then, you must remedy it ( snaps finger again ) and find where you have GOOD LUCK!
And when we know Feng Shui, we are not afrrrrraid whether the year is good or bad.
Because we know HOW to make the best of the year!"
Lillian Too
* The capital letter marks the point where Lillian stresses too much till her voice breaks.

--> See???!!! It has been replaying over and over again till i remember it! Anyway, have a wonderful Lillian Too-ish CNY!

Amelia made this comment,
Lillian Too makes me go tootoo every morning. :P

No comments: